Do you have a San Jose California house that’s in foreclosure right now? Many people going through the California foreclosure process want to get out from under that burdensome house and wonder if they can sell the house in foreclosure. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a little more complicated, but usually you can sell your property prior to the auction date. Generally, the sooner you start, the better. If you have a clear property title then the process of selling your you houses can go pretty quickly but if you have liens that you are aware of or even unaware of on your property title it will take a lot more time to close. This is one reason it is better to act quickly.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in San Jose? – How it works
There are a lot of folks in San Jose who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. Since the changes in the economy, a lot of banks have been shifting the way that they deal with foreclosures.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure by selling your property. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a hassle. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but explaining your situation and demonstrating your willingness to fix the problems to make it right goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure. I have a blog on 11 ways to stop a foreclosure you may find helpful.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the fewer options are available to you. Remember the further you get behind on payments, you will be eating away at your equity.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around San Jose and the whole state of California get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell a property near San Jose, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast. We also offer other options that could keep you in your house if you qualify. Know all your options before you make a decision.